A heated debate took place last month on Huffington Post. The subject was forgiveness of your ex after divorce. Blogger Erica Manfred claimed that “moving on” is all that’s necessary and you don’t have to forgive your ex. Her arguments are well-written and persuasive, but I disagree with her opinion and decided to interview an expert on forgiveness. I posted the expert’s perspective, as well as my own, in my post today for Huffington Post Divorce. For the full article (as well as the link to Manfred’s article), click on this hyperlink. If you find the topic interesting and would like to share your own perspective, post a comment on HuffPost Divorce when you reach the end of my article.
- "Often we see a couple who has separated or divorced and look with sadness at the ‘failure’ of their relationship. But if both people learned what they were meant to learn, then that relationship was a success."
- Marianne Williamson"There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won’t anymore, and who always will. So don’t worry about people from your past, there’s a reason they didn’t make it to your future."
- Adam Lindsay Gordon
Subscribe by Email
Lemonade Divorce Sections & Articles
- About Alison
- Alison’s Divorce Toolbox
- Inspirational Essays, Poems, and Other Resources
- Legal Articles and Information
- So You’re Getting a Divorce: Three Steps for a Smooth Start
- The Divorce Doc’s 12 Steps for Divorce
- The Silver Lining of Divorce
- Ask the Divorce Doc – Q&A
- Contact Me
- For Children
- Legal Services
- My Mission